Monday 18 December 2017

Romans 8v28 Is it really Good?!

I've been working through the book in my quiet times and the writer of the notes has pointed us to Romans 8v28 today and I have been wondering; What on earth is the "good" in this verse?

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 

This is all very well, but my life isn't always "good" it doesn't always seem to work out for "good".
However this morning I was shown something new, God revealed a bit more understanding to me! (What a joy!)

The purpose this verse is talking about is transforming us into the likeness of his son! 

So to shape us and grow us in that, God may put us through to difficult times. In the book of Ruth, Naomi, loses her Husband and her Sons and her country is broken by famine, but she still calls on the Lord for refuge, she looks to him for comfort and recognises that her heavenly Father has her in the palm of his hand and cares deeply for her. 
It may be tough, but he's definitely shaping her and moulding her to become more like Christ. She just needs to trust.

And that's where I'm at now, I'm learning that through small trials and pains, or even large ones, God is shaping me and growing me to be more like his son, the king of the universe. That's where he's getting me to. I'm thankful he can see the bigger picture and truly is transforming me into the likeness of his son.

God works for the good of those who love him even in the tough stuff, transforming us into the likeness of his son. We just need to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment